Anna, your enthusiasm is great and matches my own, happy to say. I got to see RotK last night at around 8pm. My friend and I left work early, took in a quick dinner and got to the theater an hour and a half before showtime -- and there were already 250 people in line for our showing! Fortunately the theater held 520, and after standing in line for another hour, we got in and found some terrific seats. Not too much of a surprise since here in Albuquerque all showings are apparently sold out for the next couple of days -- but we got our tickets two weeks ago (smart move). And I'm glad to say all the waiting and anticipation was worth it. Despite a few flaws, it's a great achievement and well worth the Oscar. [Btw, love the design and layout of your site -- especially the Eowyn pictures. Superb!]

Posted by Taylor at December 18, 2003 08:33 AM

Agreeing with you completely. The movie was simply brilliant. I'm also boycotting if it doesn't win. Shoot, my perfect world? It'd win in all the categories it's nominated in. I take the Oscars a bit too seriously ;)

Posted by Stef at December 18, 2003 11:16 AM

you know anna you totally said it all. i cant add anything more to waht you've said, i still can't coherently put down what i thought of the film!

Posted by Jaina at December 18, 2003 01:38 PM

Wow, Anna, you summed up my thoughts so well. I have lots to say about this movie and I'm going to blog later since I'm at work now. I can't wait to see it again soon. :)

Posted by Kim at December 18, 2003 04:23 PM

I'm still in the "gunh. That was FREAKING amazing" stage, and I'm having difficulty forming coherent thoughts about the movie. Sam and Pippin SO rocked. And definitely Eowyn. *sigh*

Much, much goodness.

Posted by Kristina at December 18, 2003 06:34 PM

*sniff* I am still ROTK-less

Posted by Jenah at December 19, 2003 11:25 PM

I love your Eowyn layout! I agree: RotK totally rocked. I want to go see it at least three more times!!

Posted by Justine at December 20, 2003 03:11 PM

You said it all, babe.

Posted by Christie at December 20, 2003 09:58 PM

I have no words for the amazingness that was RotK. Incredible.

Anyway, I'm making the rounds to all the blogs I love to visit and wishing ppl Merry Christmas, so that includes you! I hope you have a great holiday! Take care!

Posted by jamie at December 24, 2003 05:00 AM

Hey Anna, I wanted to stop by say hello. I'm sorry for not commenting lately but welcome to the world of MT and I love the layout here. It's stunning. I haven't read your ROTK comments as I haven't seen the film yet but it's nice to see everyone online excited by it.

Anyway, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and get everything you want :)

Posted by Katie at December 24, 2003 10:44 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS :) :)

Posted by Freddi at December 25, 2003 02:04 AM

Bah! I still haven't seen ROTK, and the wait is just eating me up! But this week, this week... Anyway, wow - this layout has me totally in awe! It's rare to find an Eowyn layout and the colours, style... everything, is awesome! :D

Posted by Sorrow at December 27, 2003 03:40 AM

MT::App::Comments=HASH(0x3c31fe8) Subroutine MT::Template::SUPER::text redefined at lib/MT/Object.pm line 125.