If you're looking for a new host I'd recommend HostCulture (www.hostculture.com) I have my hosting site with it and I've found them to provide great service and have almostno down time, if any. Webfusion (www.webfusion.com) is also very wonderful, but cost a lot more on only allow one ftp.

Good luck figuring it all out!

Posted by Emma at October 4, 2002 04:23 AM

ActiveWebHosting isn't bad...cheap, unlimited space and FTP...but sometimes if the server gets overloaded, it goes a bit wonky. Guster is amazing live. I saw them 6 years ago in this little bar in Boston. They're definitely one of those bands that actually sound better live than studio-ized. That's always of the good.

Posted by Heather at October 4, 2002 06:13 AM

I have been having troubles with Infinet too. I was able to log in with my own FTP path instead of the dedicated server. I just put up a new layout at my domain too. Thanks god I didn't lose any files! Hope everything works out for ya.

Posted by Stef at October 4, 2002 06:29 PM

Stef,

Actually, Infinet has been fairly good to me lately... this domain is hosted with nexpoint.net. As you can guess I'm not recommending them. wink Hope your problems with Infinet have cleared up! If they don't, let me know and I'll yell at Sam for you.

Oooh... and just checked out the new layout... looks gorgeous, chica!

Posted by Anna at October 4, 2002 09:44 PM

Hey Anna!
I'm sorry you got those
darn ftp problems now too. No fun rown Hope I'll be seing you on AIM soon!

Posted by Freddi at October 4, 2002 11:56 PM

Thanks so much Aanna, on both counts. smile

Posted by Stef at October 5, 2002 01:30 AM

If you're willing to go overseas (and cheaper smile), hostingshop.com.au is awesome. Very affordable, particularly since you can buy on the cheap in Australia, due to the exchange rate. Also very reliable and guaranteed 99% uptime smile

Good to see ya bloggin again, Anna!

Posted by Thomas at October 5, 2002 07:40 AM

I hope you figure out your hosting problems. I use activewebhosting. They're pretty good. Pretty cheap, too. I saw Guster and John Mayer live about 3 weeks ago. Freaking amazing! They're soo funny, too. They ran out during on of John Mayer's songs, with only t-shirts wrapped around their butts, lol. :D

Posted by Emily at October 5, 2002 10:30 AM

Your-Site.com rocks. Don't drink beer. Ta. smile

Posted by Little Willow at October 5, 2002 03:57 PM

I had my beer-bad.net with hostonce.org. gah! screwy site!

got buffysearch.net with liquidhost.com tho. pretty good actually smile
-&- WTH -&-

Posted by WTH at October 6, 2002 10:23 AM

by the way, i was wondering if people could look at my design for my new blogger (address temporary) and gimme some FB plz? http://www.geocities.com/thatcloudlookslikea

email: wth@buffysearch.net

thankies everyone!

Posted by WTH at October 6, 2002 10:25 AM

Hey Anna! I just wanted to let you know that you've got the Boomtown fanlisting. But your email keeps bouncing. rown I hope you pay attention to your comments. smile

Posted by Viktoria at October 7, 2002 12:04 AM

Thanks so much for your lovely compliments on Primeval. It is, indeed, good to be back. Take care sweetie!

Posted by Tlace at October 7, 2002 08:57 AM

Viktoria - Thanks so much for letting me know! Grrr at my stupid e-mail addy... changed it tonight, so hopefully this one will work better for the future. And I DEFINITELY pay attention to my comments. I am a comment whore. ;p

Tlace - You are completely welcome! You deserve every bit of praise you get, hun!

Posted by Anna at October 8, 2002 01:29 AM

my brad site and domain are hosted at hostrocket.com - i've never had any problems and their customer service is super fast... you could probably find something cheaper but i'll never leave unless they close down. the service is SO good and i rarely have any downtime.

also check out webhostingtalk.com before signing up with a new host... big forums where people rant about their hosts. take what they say with a grain of salt, but if there's a ton of threads regarding one, that's generally not good. wink good luck!

Posted by addie at October 9, 2002 10:39 PM

ooh, and for the love of all that's good and pure, don't sign up with anyone who offers unlimited ANYTHING. you will have downtime and problems. no host can guarantee unlimited bandwidth or space. trust me. smile

Posted by addie at October 9, 2002 10:41 PM

i was just looking through all your sites. you have such amazing design skills! i envy your awsome talent. much ado about btvs is one of meh favorite favorite sites on the net! thank you for making it! :D ok, i'm gonna stop cause i'm probly scaring you. hah..

Posted by Charisma at October 10, 2002 02:30 AM

MT::App::Comments=HASH(0x1e257e8) Subroutine MT::Template::SUPER::text redefined at lib/MT/Object.pm line 125.