THE TRUTH >> The X-Files series finale

"We can't win. We can only go on fighting." - Mulder

I've been watching XF since its first year. I don't normally cry at TV/movies/etc, but I had geared up all day of the finale, thinking I'd start crying while watching it. However, I was smiling by the end. The end of an era, yes, but the beginning of hope. It was a pleasant ending to a beautiful series.

I didn't start crying until a few minutes later, when I tried to talk to someone else who doesn't watch the show about it, simply because I needed to talk. Then I only cried a little -- and only because I felt so old.

"Because this is greater than you or me." - Mulder

Oh, and three (five?) more things: KRYCEK! X! LONE GUNMEN! All deserving of capital letters and exclamation points.

TOMORROW >> Angel season finale

What a waste of time and talent. That wasn't a cliffhanger. I don't feel bad for any of the characters. The truth is out there. Saint Cordelia is not only an angel, but she was beamed up by Scotty + the aliens, and she's Mulder's sister Samantha. I'm sad, mad and angry at what they've done to these characters, to that family, to this show. It's bad enough when something horrid happens, but it's even worse when it happens to someone - something - some author - some artist - some show that used to be so good. When something goes from excellent and astounding to bland and disapppointing. It's like the best student in class suddenly dropping out, and all the teacher can ask is: "Why?"

Little Willow

Posted by Little Willow at May 20, 2002 11:47 PM

I was all excited about tonight's finale since it was supposed to be this "big, old, great cliffhanger", but it sucked. And I mean bad. However, I have hope. I didn't like "The Gift" either (although it doesn't even compare..this was far worse) and Buffy came back wonderfully in season six. So here's to a great Season 4! I have hope, do you?

Posted by Susan at May 21, 2002 12:07 AM

Yes, Angel was shit, I should have studied for my math final instead. Now if I fail, I'm blaming it on Charisma and the writers.

Posted by Kacie at May 21, 2002 09:45 AM

Hey Anna...I can do the quiz for Flights if you want....but....I'll have to figure my way out of the extremely BIG pickle I am in with my dad and the family computer.

Posted by Kristina at May 21, 2002 10:45 AM

Oh, first have to mention that Episode II did indeed rock.

Second, 'Tomorrow'. I'm not sure how I feel about the episode. I either loved it, or hated it. I think, as a whole, I thought it was a stupid finale. But the little bits were cute. Eh, C/A bits, mind you, 'cause I like them.

But yeah, the ascending Cordy thing was... CRAP. Where did my Cordy go?!

Posted by Stef at May 21, 2002 12:33 PM

My opinion of the show has fluctuated a lot this year, but I always stuck with it. I'm partly glad I did, and mostly I'm ashamed - of myself, and of David Greenwalt. I was actually enjoying the episode quite a bit until the final act. What the hell?? Cordy floats up in a beam to be some "higher being"? I was very disappointed in the ending, and really the year at large.

Isn't the show that produced "Sanctuary" and "Reprise"? I sure couldn't recognize all the talent that was showcased in those episodes. I'll stick with it because it's in the Buffyverse, but another episode like this and I might have to give up on it. Oh well. I have high hopes that "Two to Go" and "Grave" will exceed "Tomorrow" by FAR tonight. If anyone can do it, Joss can. But, well, we can't have that, but at least we get Fury and Petrie, who aren't bad at all. =)

Posted by Emily at May 21, 2002 01:21 PM

I'm not really sure whether I hated Angel's season finale or not. It was just... weird. I hope the rumors that Charisma is leaving really aren't true, cause she's probably the best character on the show.

I dunno though, I think Wesley going to W&H for a time might be kinda interesting. He and Lilah would certainly make a opposing pair. Cripes, I just hope they fix this whole Cordy and Angel missing debacle. Makes me impatient for next season to find out how they fix this disaster.

Posted by anne at May 21, 2002 04:45 PM

It really did look like Cordy was ascending to the mothership, didn't it? I have really liked this story arc the whole time, but couldn't they have ended it somehow else? I mean, yay to the half naked Wesley, but a big boo hiss to everything else. Especially Mark Lutz leaving... just as he was getting interesting. At least he made up for how absolutely boring Cordelia has become. Is goodness equated with boring and interesting equated with evil? Why?

Posted by Sepra at May 21, 2002 11:38 PM

MT::App::Comments=HASH(0xf5c418) Subroutine MT::Template::SUPER::text redefined at lib/MT/Object.pm line 125.