I agree with you re: the infamous rape scene, Anna. What Spike did was wrong, and it's one of the final things that have made me dislike his character. At first, I thought the prospect of Spike/Buffy seemed intriguing, but with that... It was horrible. I don't think I can picture them together now. It seems so wrong.

Otherwise, the episode was excellent, and wahh...Tara! She was one of my favorite characters!! The Troika was funny; Adam was marvelous. And yay for CSI! Great show! wink *apparently is watching more TV these days...*

Posted by Stef at May 10, 2002 03:43 PM

Whoa... we don't get "Seeing Red" until Sunday (stupid hockey) but it seems like a... creepy episode. I'd read the spoilers, but I don't remember reading about a rape. I like Spike! rown I suppose that's probably why they did it though - to make us not like him as much, and remind us that he's not Angel... And on a final note, how can you NOT like Ross/Rachel!!? smile

Posted by Addie at May 10, 2002 04:39 PM

There are always people like that. I remember when Buffy and Spike first got together, and people were talking about how romantic it was. Romantic my butt! How is getting pummeled to an almost pulp romantic? Gah.

Posted by Kristina at May 10, 2002 06:57 PM

I completely agree with you about Spike/Buffy, there is no excuse and I mean no excuse for what Spike did, even though he didn't go through with it.

Posted by Katie at May 11, 2002 09:50 AM

Hi Anna!

Amen about Spike/Buffy. You probably saw some of my posts on the subject. But I got so sick of people making excuses for Spike that I had to stop reading altogether. I actually tend to avoid that list right after a new episode comes out.

Rebecca and I are both lamenting that there are folks who can in the same breath excuse Spike and condemn Xander. *shudder*

It distresses me that there are women who think if an attractive guy rapes you, then it's ok.

Posted by Kiba at May 13, 2002 01:38 PM

Post on the list, Anna! *nudge nudge* Post! So that Kiba, Kara, Rebecca and I aren't alone! *grin*

Posted by Little Willow at May 14, 2002 10:48 AM

I completely agree with you regarding the rape scene. I think that some people have such an unfounded hatred for Buffy that they're not willing to cut her any slack on *anything* no matter how asinine their arguments become.

Plus, with Spike calling her "bitch" over and over last night, really not making me want to run and jump on the Spike can do no wrong bandwagon right now.

Also completely agree re: Ross & Rachel. Not a big fan of Ross. But I heard a rumor that things might not be so clear cut after the finale so we'll see!

Posted by Christie at May 15, 2002 09:22 AM

yes Anna, those people on JossBtVS are insane. I cannot believe the things people were saying about that scene. Then come to find out that the main person who cause all the conflict hadn't even *seen* the episode. Oh, he downloaded it off the net, but I sure that was really high quality, and he could really tell what was going on. *insert sarcasm* the point of the whole thing was to show even the people who think spike is a fluffy little bunny that he isn't he is just a vamp on a leash. And then in "Villains" with Spike calling her bitch over and over, just get it over with and stake him, cause I dont know how many more emails i can sift through of people defending his actions.

Posted by Piper at May 18, 2002 05:01 PM

MT::App::Comments=HASH(0xc79cb8) Subroutine MT::Template::SUPER::text redefined at lib/MT/Object.pm line 125.